Helpful Information to Stay Warm this Winter
Establish wind chill and temperature policy for when everyone stays indoors. Use the National Weather Service Wind Chill Chart for guidance.
- Know when to suspend any travel. Is the travel necessary?
- Check your local forecast before heading outside or sending clients outside.
If you or your clients must travel outside:
- Wear several layers of warm clothing and cover exposed skin.
- Wear mittens (not gloves), 2 pairs of socks, and a hat or scarf that covers the ears (to avoid heat loss through the scalp).
- Make sure boots and mittens do not restrict circulation.
- Keep hands and feet dry.
Refer to the OMHDD Winter Alerts – 2018 for more details.
*content from the Office of Ombudsman for Mental Health and Disabilities